Friday, August 24, 2007

_it (g/h) - A Perspective

A heated argument. A debate. A battle.

I have been asked. I have been told. I presume and have been warned not to assume. The background I know not of, the foreground I can't think of.
Puzzles me.
Bewildered I am.

So, a set of questions I have.
Am I naive or intriguing??

Say what you will, says Clapton. But Keating say, You say it best when you say nothing at all.

Another question here.
Speaking mathematically, which is easier to deal with -
a deterministic setup or a probabilistic one?

A deterministic world would probably perhaps, be much simpler, a logical agent(LA) would say. Everything is straight forward and decided. What is bound to happen should happen and will happen. No worries. The plan is laid out. The consequences of all actions can be reasonably estimated and the best path or the minimum risk direction can be chosen. It seems one has to play sensibly and be at peace.
Yet, going by what we humans are made of. We get bored. We need change. We need to something more than this.

But on the other hand, in a probabilistic world, things are totally the contrary. There is nothing certain. Things though well defined and logical, are uncertain, whatever the extent may be. It seems like an eternal state of confusion with nothing definite and makes one wonder what is the point of such a mess.
Well, there exists a brighter side to this too. Since there is no certainty, there is hope. Along with confusion, there comes the hope, the optimism, the will and the determination. Even when you are in the dumps, down the dark dungeons of life, you can manage to see a thin delicate silvery thread, your only source to light. Beaming voices of "Expecto patronum" ring and sight of the Dementors running helter-skelter you imagine.

What would you prefer now- perfectly order or fuzzy logic?
Is it a trade-off then? May be.

The ups and downs are now in the open.
How do I decide?
Listen to the heart or the mind?

Drawing parallels here, we get back to the chicken-egg problem. The choice between the mind and the heart is the same as that between determinism and 'probabilism'.

So dare to make a call. Nyah, I guess.

Well yes. This is a Friday night. And yes. I am just penning down my boredom.

5 comments:

Tannishtha said...

copyright issues... where did the rest go?

Kaushik said...

yeah.. copyright issues!!

The Daily Bird said...

:)

Anonymous said...

running in circles ?? !!

Kaushik said...

thats one aspect definitely there.. but I hope you got the subtle comparison