Thursday, October 4, 2007

An Elephant ODe


Ah!! Yes! Me and OD are watching random videos on his computer. This video is live footage from a safari trip in some forest. As seen from the camera, a big tiger is sneaking up on an elephant. The mahout of the elephant realizes and brandishes his cane, waving frantically in a hope to scare the tiger away. The tiger untouched, makes a jump right over the elephant's head and grabs on to the mahout. The footage ends there. We were shocked watching that and probably a little amused as well (really don't know why) but yeah.

A while later, I am standing on top of my house. It is not a very high building, a simple one-storey place. I think I am just staring at the stars, sometimes looking down on the ground, but in effect doing nothing, but happy for some reason. A bit later, I see people running wildly on the streets, running in all directions, total chaos. I couldn't understand why. What I saw then, took me aback. There is a whole army of elephants chasing down the humans on the roads. I fell back, had no strength to get back on my feet, could only muster so much to drag myself back to the corner.
I felt a sense of comfort and relief that I was not left on the road. I was one level up which was as high the elephant itself. More Joy!! My building has no stairs to get to the terrace, you have to do a monkey to get up there and I was pretty sure that an elephant could not do such a thing and I was safe. I must tell you reader, I felt totally reassured at this point that no harm could come to me. Just as these thoughts raced past me mind, one rampant pachyderm decided to come my way. I was expecting it to run straight into the house. I was about to laugh at what stupid a creature it could be. The animal would bump his head generally (like shown in Ambuja cement ads :P) and fall down, and I was half expecting to to start crying "Mummy!! Mummy!!".
Believe it or not, my calculations were spot on, were absolutely perfect till the idiotic creature started crying. It is at this point that I faltered for I had failed to think beyond. I was too happy with myself (a sense of pride too) giggling at that innocent thing. Before, I could fathom my real senses, I saw something which made me not believe in my eyes ever anymore. The mother elephant (most probably I think) was soaring in the air, a giant leap perfectly poised to make a crash landing on me. Stunned, I could not move any further. I don't know either what befell my senses. All I could was jump down my high safe point over the edge to my right.

Next thing, my head was hurting, a little bump on the back, and me rolling on the floor. A pigeon was sitting on the window sill laughing at me.

Morals of the story:
1. Don't find videos amusing.
2. Don't make fun of small kids.
3. Ambuja cement is strong but still useless.
4. When someone is crying in front of you, don't show sympathy and don't laugh, RUN for your life!
5. Elephants don't have wings, but they can still fly.
6. Always sleep with a tight blanket around yourself, a helmet would most certainly help.
7. Pigeons love to shit on men.

(There is a video thats been circulating in the LAN about a very majestic tiger leap. I just happened to watch it a few days back with OD one random late evening. The rest as you read is a recollection of the following morning.)

10 comments:

multYple said...

abey.. aise kaise sapne dekhta hai tu? and moral of the story is "dont laugh at anything with a mother as big as an elephant and still can manage a triple" :D

Kaushik said...

heeh [:P]

Tannishtha said...

My dreams they are shattered. They suffer from inferiority complex ^:)^

Kaushik said...

awww.....cholly. [:P]

The Daily Bird said...

Fundoo... u beat me, i say!

GrasshopperBoy said...

haha...the morals were hilarious
oh how i miss those random videos :(

Kaushik said...

yo chaggy !!!! they were good old days!! [:)]
we were just talking about the keriya case, the dean and pondy vids.. [:)]
cum to bbay!!

multYple said...

aankh ka taara nandu apna :D

Kaushik said...

=))

Kaushik said...

=))