Friday, November 9, 2007

Diwali Break Episode 1: Me, Myself and My project

Its been three days now and I am bored to the heights of insanity right now. Its not without reason that I decided to stay back and spend my 'happy' diwali days living the life of a jackass!

Its rather that, I may have been over conscious about the work I have on hand, or may be I have just been pretending to be overly sincere. Well, there is this course and this project all due on Monday, substantial weightage on the project work and I hadn't really started working on it until a couple of days back. So just before the holidays, the heap or the hype about this supposedly unsurmountable project got built up; thanks to my co-project workers. In either case, the fact of the matter is that I am left stranded in insti.

I think now is the opportune moment to dedicate a piece of my blog space to each of these characters. The first of which is the prime responsible(infinitely nabdu himself and spreads nabad with ease and pretty effectively too). He tries and tries and tries. No results. He is like this tortoise running on a treadmill and farting every other second so hard, that it literally pumps the rest to take some action, any action. God Bless.

The second is just not interested. He is the kind which says, " Yeah this is teamwork. There are four in a team. So one will work and the rest(atleast I) rest in peace. I really don't give a fuck."

Now then, the third. What do I say about him?!!. Intelligent, hard-working, diligent, he was all before the turn of this semester or this particular project assignment. He was very academically oriented even when we made groups. Now he is genuinely occupied and insists, I learn the basics first at my own pace and then I will get to the project. Well, I think he has all life to do this or academics has take him to such a level that he has just found this to be the "Meaning of his life".

I am not trying to say here that I am the only 'sincere' bum or the 'intelligent' one or be any snooty, but it just happened that the onus was on me to do something about this thing. Going by what I am, however cool I portray myself to be, I can feel my prick. And I sometimes can feel the pricks too.

In the best of enthusiasm, I set out on this bon voyage to complete this project, the aim of which is to put up a cloth on the screen as realistically as is possible. Someone made an offhand remark, "Dude, you would have been much more interested or done a betting job with pulling it down not simulating putting it up." Whatever the case is, pun intended or not, I feel like punching him now in the face right till his nose starts to bleed. Hmmmph!!

Given the supremely gifted guy, that I am, I managed to rig up stuff with a day and get done with the project. At that point, I went all "Yaaay!! Yaaay!! Project done. LukkhaMax I be." I hope now that it had not happened. Its not that my project is up to my expectations, I just don't want to do more. It meets the bare minimum constraints. I am just satisfied and I haven't smelt it even in two days now. I may get back to it later tonight. Lets see.

It depends on how well I can cool down!! Ranting helps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!