Friday, November 9, 2007

Diwali Break Episode 2: I am Alone!!

Continuing from last time.....

To make matter worse, there is no one in the wing.
Better still, not many happy-to-hang-out people left on campus either which puts my random mind off and makes me go right down to the abyss of boredom.
All the 'devas' and the 'devis' of my life are home. Thank you very much.

Only one old friend remained. I had not really spoken to him at all this whole semester much. By talk I mean more than academics. It was like destiny had brought together and decided to teach me a few lessons in life. As things turned out, my day was basically loads of sleep, and then two hindi movies, some chicken and wine, phone calls and messages and lots more sleep again.

Briefly talking about each of them, first the sleep. Whoa! Sleep is so 'aweso'. The best thing about sleep you know is that it is the only activity where you have to constrain yourself to absolutely doing nothing and still gain pleasure at the end of it. Well, a more adventurous or rather restless man would do things to just spice it up a little bit. But the bottom line is, sleep is a cool tireless(mostly) activity. A callous man's best fun indeed!!
Do nothing at all and sleep.
One more thing I noticed about sleep is, It does not follow the basic laws of nature which is that the more you have, the less you want. The inherent trade off between quality and quantity doesn't exist here at all. It is in fact a classic example to disprove this economic concept. One more in support of the already disproved Lamarck's theory - "The more you use, the bigger it gets. You forget, it shrinks." I seriously believed this when I was in school and wondered about its consequences. Apparently, its all a bunch of bullshit but sleep is exceptional. It cares no shit about evolution or science. Any more I talk about this now, I will seriously go fall asleep.

So yeah moving on, hindi movies. Yeww.. . why why would you want to spoil a wednesday or thursday afternoon watching such a thing. Ridiculous. There is no incentive . No 'chic' even accompanying you, so that you could grab her hand when the really scary villain sneaks on the hero, or gently touch when the happy couple go dancing around trees or worse even, no shoulders to pretend to cry/ shed crocodile tears when the somebody dies at the some point in the movie. Worse even, no 'pop corn' too. The list is endless. I don't want to embarrass myself saying that I was overwhelmed watching Amitabh Bachchan in tango with Shashi Kapoor (there were Zeenat Aman and Hema Malini, of course. I was not that gay also). Forget it.

Aha, now the best part. The chicken. "Mate, chics may desert you, but never the chickens." Yep, yep!! True indeed. KFC my saviour. One bucket full! Then the wine. Perfect! (In between, I played delivery boy, but thats ok). In this extremely fascinating surrounding, two losers, Tom and Harry sitting, what else can you expect!!. They gossiped like 16 year old girls, like there was no tomorrow. Apparently, sensible things, old grown up talk, fundaes in life and all. Common beat it! Half drunken, truck load of bull crap said. Added it my knowledge base of course it did, but still who really gives a 'duck' about pressure vessels, y-knots, 'I will not drink anymore', 'I really now know how I feel', 'We are not still Tom and Harry, we have graduated".

Last, of the menu, messages and calls. There were honestly the only memorable parts of the whole two days. Nothing I have to crib. Only thing is that people can be so evil that when you cry to them that you are bored, they go the extent of making an itinerary for you(how generous of them it seems, very hearty friends one may think) which goes something like this.

1. Match dekh.
2. Footer khel.
3. Bhag.
4. Swim.
5. Paint.
6. Iron.
7. Go to elephanta caves
8. Marine drive for diwali
9. Super eat and Mama Mia's
10. Get drunk at Leopolds
11. Better still, ask a firang chic out.

Its for you people to decide. I just zzzzZZZZZZZZ........

No comments: