Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Moron Forever... ummu.... Forever Moron??

English is a weird language. Word plays, twists and turns, doesn't ever make things any bit simpler. The title of this post may seem interesting to some or may be just plain moronic or better still, may appreciated by some who are English enthusiasts or readers who prefer to read right to left rather than the convention left to right. But to simply say, my point of this whole blog entry is about clarifying the meaning of two words- Moron and Forever.

Starting off with forever, have you ever wondered why someone uses the word 'forever' ? Never really did it bother me until today when this question sprang up.

First things first. Taxing my little git brain, I found out the standard Webster's dictionary meaning of the word forever, and quoting the same, "for a limitless time" or say "for eternity". A very entertaining concept indeed.

Being a science student, I understand that things have definite time, long or short, nothing can continue endlessly, may be not even time itself. In such a case, the usage of the word by an engineer would seem totally ridiculous unless there is a hidden meaning in this. So off we go hunting for it.

But common, what possible meaning can a simple seven letter word consisting of one f, two e's, a v, an o and 2 (two/too) Rs contain?

As good as my brain is messed up with my Linguistics and Natural Language processing course( I just scraped through of course), so is it with AI(dammit!! I still have to give the exam). So what comes to my mind at this point is Hidden Markov Models. (I am sorry for the shit I have been writing, I deserve to get kicked and I shall gleefully accept the same. Kindly bear with me). Given that a normal human being has no time or the intelligence to comprehend so many 'not so ordinary' things all at once and to think on his or her feet at the same time, it can be safely ruled out that no academic inclination or influence in whatsoever form could be the motivation for the usage of the word.

Assuming this for now, lets construct one more possible hypothesis. Forever means to last indefinitely and knowing that it can't be, one can just hope for it to last for as long as possible. Now this is quite plausible, if the object of interest is quite dear to one's heart and you are not willing to let go of it, atleast for the moment. For if such were really the case, then I would just term the case lovely and the interest object to be pure, pristine and immortal (paradoxical it seems, eh?). You sit and simply smile, for that is all I am able to do now, can't express it in any other words.

Or, if 'ever' was the name of a beautiful chic (this is just me talking), I could probably keep saying forever, forever. Hope that is the case but seems very unlikely unless she is, she is really, some weird chic from some weird planet and been banished by the wicked ruler of the land for standing up against him.

Well, well, its enough, too many conspiracy theories spring about in my mind. I keep penning everything down, I am sure to get disoriented and end up in a mad-house. And then I could simply keep saying any word I want, however or whenever I want.

(a break.. a phone call)

Ah! I am bored now. I can't conjure up more shit than this in one go (and by the way, I haven't been eating well for the last couple of days or so.. so :( ) . And going this way I can go on forever you try to make you understand.

Well, in short, simply said, forever means for eTerniTy. Now beat it!! (hidden secret meaning in the tall Ts, figure that one out on your own! )


Lets leave a moron as he is for now. Sometime later then, I will care to shed my thoughts. If you have come so far reading this post, then you must really be a Moron.

And so am I.

2 comments:

Tannishtha said...

Moron-ed on a dessert island.
Now that's a forever thought.

Kaushik said...

You need to keep it simple, git!