Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beer: Be Here!


"An ihm ist Hopfen und Malz verloren."
A German saying meaning a person just cannot understand;
literally: Hops and malt are lost on him.

"Oh, Lisa, you and your stories: Bart's a vampire, beer kills brain cells. Now let's go back to that...building...thingie... where our beds and TV... is."
- Homer Simpson

"They who drink beer will think beer."
- Washington Irving

"After watching Conan O'Brien's sophomoric behavior while interviewing Michael Jackson on his show this week, I have come to the conclusion that you can judge the level of a man's intellect simply by saying the word "beer" and watching his reaction."
- Chuck Skypeck, Boscos breweries

Of my merit
On thet pint you yourself may jedge;
All is, I never drink no sperit,
Nor I haint never signed no pledge.
- James Russell Lowell, The Biglow Papers

"Give my people plenty of beer, good beer, and cheap beer, and you will have no revolution among them."
- Queen Victoria

"I've always believed that paradise will have my favorite beer on tap."
- Rudyard Wheatley

Be always drunken. Nothing else matters...
Drunken with what?
With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you will.
But be drunken.
- Baudelaire

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
- Kaiser Wilhelm

"Ahhhhhhhh!!! Natural light!!! Get it off me!!!"
- Barney, The Simpsons

(Small collection of random quotes- A tribute to beer)

No comments: