Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Before Sunrise


Quiet nights and clear skies,
Comforting darkness by the shining stars.
There is the fresh grass, green and bright,
Adorned by droplets, gleaming in the twilight.

A little happy bird sings along,
Crickets and frogs join the song.

Standing and staring from my balcony
I clutch my hands seeking warmth
Cool winds blow my hair back
The long ends of my dress flutter
I smell the nascent air, my heart thumps
My head is raised, bent towards the sky
My eyes slowly close.
I am lost in the moment.

The silence of the night, it beckons me
Takes my heart and sets me free.
A distinct smile decorates my face
Dawning upon me now are the sunrays.

The chirping is now louder.
Recalling, There was no light yet I saw so much.
Recounting, Is there so much light now, that I cant see none?
Those were the days or these are the ones?

2 comments:

Tannishtha said...

You posted this on September 18th.

Kaushik said...

well....say what, one more feather to the cap! (just happened)